This is an Instant Download.
French Expressions and Practices for the Business World!
Business French, like business English, is a somewhat specialized idiom with many expressions that are not normally used in everyday conversation. French for Business can benefit advanced learners as well as those just starting to study French. One semester of college French, or the equivalent, is all you need to get started.
French for Business is designed to help you acquire language patterns and to practice manipulating phrases in a natural way, by ear. By hearing and imitating the recorded voices of native speakers, you'll learn quickly and develop more accurate pronunciation. The grammar review at the end of the course provides a brief refresher covering major grammatical forms including verb conjugation, irregular verbs, tenses, and questions.
* 5.25 Hours of Audio, 11 Lessons
* Business Travel: customs, car rental, cashing a check, asking directions
* Hotel: check-in, wake-up calls, laundry
* Phone Calls: telephone expressions, leaving a message, dealing with a bad connection
* Visiting a Subsidiary: job titles, company sites
* Bright Economic Outlook: merger, good market conditions, automation, unions
* Hard Times: cost problems, lagging profits, relocation
* Marketing and Advertising: market studies, buying trends, advertising
* Making Contacts/Trade Show: registering, meeting people, learning about products, asking for information
* Negotiating a Deal: credit, reductions, terms of payment
* Importing and Exporting: packing, shipping, insurance, documents
* Dining Out: drinks, lunch, gourmet dinner, social conversation
* Basic Cultural Information, Expressions for Emergencies
* Grammar Review
* French-English and English-French Glossary
Developed by Professor Anita Linke
Enhanced PDF Features
The Audio Forum® Difference: Audio Forum® PDF books are enhanced with links to MP3 audio files. Speaker icons in the text allow you to hear the corresponding audio. The MP3 files can also be loaded onto your MP3-compatible CD player or digital media player. The PDF books may be read (without enhanced features) on tablet computers. A 10-inch or larger screen is recommended.
System Requirements for Enhanced PDF Features
Mac® OS X® 10.5 & up
512 MB RAM
Windows® 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
233 MHz or faster processor
128 MB RAM